We hope all of our PAMLA friends and members are well. In order to protect our members during the current pandemic, the PAMLA Board has voted to postpone the PAMLA conference until the fall of 2021. As a result, we will be putting everything on hold until January 15, 2021, when the proposal system will reopen for new proposals. Should you have any questions, feel free to call or email PAMLA Executive Director Craig Svonkin: 626-354-7526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given this delay, PAMLA could use your support! So, please consider joining PAMLA for the 2021 year, so as to receive our terrific journal, Pacific Coast Philology, and to support PAMLA during these difficult times. Go here to join or rejoin PAMLA (and, if you can, please consider making a donation to the PAMLA General Fund–we could use your help!).
Therefore, PAMLA 2021 will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada between Thursday, November 11, 2020 and Sunday, November 14 at the Sahara Las Vegas Hotel. We are so pleased that the 118th annual conference will be hosted by the University of Las Vegas, Nevada.
PAMLA 2021’s conference theme is “City of God, City of Destruction,” ideal for Las Vegas, a city known for its Janus-like nature as both a historic spiritual beacon in the frontier of the American West as well as a modern city that has celebrated the world’s greatest cities!
PAMLA Dates and Deadlines
- Special session proposals can be made between October 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020
- Proposal abstracts can be made between January 10, 2021 and April 15, 2021
- Early-bird conference payment period: January 1, 2021 – May 31, 2021.
- PAMLA membership payment due for all accepted conference participants: July 25, 2021.
- Regular conference payment period: June 1, 2021 – September 1, 2021
- Late payment period: September 2, 2021 – November 1, 2021
- After November 2, those who haven’t paid their conference fees will be removed from the conference program