We hope our PAMLA friends and members are well as we move into a safer, saner, and healthier 2021!
PAMLA 2021 will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada between Thursday, November 11 and Sunday, November 14, 2021.
We are pleased that the 118th annual conference will be hosted by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
You can see which sessions are which at our CFP Page (some panels are still in the process of switching from In-Person to Virtual).
The PAMLA 2021 Call-for-Papers page (CFP page) and Online Paper Proposal System are now open! You have until April 15 to propose a paper to one (or more) of our many approved sessions. Should you have any questions, feel free to call or email PAMLA Executive Director Craig Svonkin: 626-354-7526 or email@example.com. Or email PAMLA’s terrific Assistant Director David John Boyd: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAMLA could use your support! Please consider joining PAMLA for the 2021 year, so as to receive our terrific journal, Pacific Coast Philology, and also, if you have a few extra dollars, please consider making a donation to support PAMLA during these difficult times. Go here to join or rejoin PAMLA (and, if you can, please make a donation to the PAMLA General Fund–we could use your help!).
PAMLA 2021’s Conference Theme is “City of God, City of Destruction,” ideal for Las Vegas, a city known for its Janus-like nature as both a historic spiritual beacon in the frontier of the American West and a modern city that has celebrated the world’s greatest cities! But PAMLA is an open city: open to panels and papers that connect to the special conference theme, and open to panels and papers that do not. More information about the conference theme is available here.
PAMLA Dates and Deadlines
- Abstract paper proposals to conference sessions due: April 15, 2021
- Early-bird conference payment period: January 1, 2021 – May 31, 2021.
- PAMLA membership payment due for all accepted conference participants: July 1, 2021.
- Regular conference payment period: June 1, 2021 – September 1, 2021
- Late payment period: September 2, 2021 – November 1, 2021
- After November 2, those who haven’t paid their conference fees will be removed from the conference program