Hilton Portland Downtown: Driving Directions, Parking, and Other Info
The entire PAMLA 2023 Conference, except for a few events, will be at the Hilton Portland Downtown (921 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204): https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/pdxphhh-hilton-portland-downtown/hotel-location/
The closest airport to the Hilton Portland Downtown is PDX, Portland International Airport.
Alternative ground transportation to/from PDX from/to the Hilton Downtown Portland (921 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204).
Portland has a very convenient, inexpensive, and well-regarded light-rail system that can take you from the airport to very close to the Hilton Portland Downtown, MAX, for $2.50 each way, and usually in less than an hour: https://trimet.org/home/planner (the MAX Red Line is your best bet—it is under some construction just now, but is scheduled to be entirely re-opened by our October conference).
The closest (or most convenient) MAX stop near the Hilton Portland Downtown is the Pioneer Square station.
The easiest way to get from PDX to the Hilton Downtown is the MAX Red Line that runs from the airport to Pioneer Square in the heart of the city. Attendees can get on the Red Line at the airport and depart the train at the Pioneer Square station. They will then walk 0.2 miles, 2 blocks, to the Hilton.
- The MAX station and ticket machines are located near baggage claim on the lower level. View airport map (flypdx.com)
- There are a few other payment options like Tap to Pay and a digital Hop Card as well. You can learn more about Ways to Pay here.
- The trip to/from downtown Portland takes about 38 minutes and costs $2.50 for Adults 18–64, $1.25 for Honored Citizens and $1.25 for Youth.
- You can easily roll your luggage on board.
- The first train of the day arrives at PDX at 4:43 a.m., daily. The last Beaverton-bound train departs PDX around 12:30 a.m., daily.
- MAX Red Line runs every 15 minutes or better most of the day, every day.
- The closest (or most convenient) MAX stop near the Hilton Portland Downtown is the Pioneer Square station.
Driving and Parking Info for the Hilton Portland Downtown
If you are driving to the Hilton Portland Downtown, and need to park:
Hilton Parking: The Hilton Portland Downtown has only valet parking available. Overnight valet parking is usually $55, but you will save $10 if you mention that you are part of the PAMLA conference (tell them that you are part of the PAMLA conference and pay just $45).
For hourly valet parking at the Hilton Portland Downtown, you will pay:
1-3 hours: $29
3-4 hours: $9 more ($38)
There is a less expensive self-parking garage around the corner from the Hilton, the Fifth Taylor Park Garage (CCP Lot #362), at 525 SW Taylor St., Portland: https://en.parkopedia.com/parking/garage/fifth_taylor_park_garage_ccp_lot_362/97204/portland/?arriving=202309220900&leaving=202309221100
Prices: 1 Hour: $3.00; Additional Hour: $5.00; 24 Hours: $33.00; Daytime: $14.00; Evening: $5.00.